Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong giniling or ground pork adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo. This dish is simple and easy to prepare, the typical Filipino adobo is made of meat cooked in a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste. I add fried potatoes cut into finely cubed and hard-boiled quail eggs to increase the content of our adobo.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 50 minutes. Good for 2-4 persons.
500 grams ground pork(giniling)
2 pieces medium-sized potatoes, peeled and finely diced
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 gloves garlic, minced
3 pieces bay leaves
1/2 tablespoon grind pepper
salt and sugar to taste
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
8-10 pieces quail eggs, hard-boiled(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry the potatoes until slightly brown. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, heat oil and saute garlic then add ground pork and cook until light brown.
2. Add soy sauce, vinegar, grind pepper, bay leaf and chili flakes.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste. Add water if necessary.
4. Add fried potatoes and hard-boiled quail eggs then cook until sauce is thickens to nearly dry.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments