Filipino Style Recipe: Buko pie is another popular Filipino delicacy and pasalubong from southern Luzon specially in the province of Laguna . Buko pie is similar to another custard pie, the filling is made up of coconut meat, coconut juice milk, sugar and cornstarch then mix until well blended. Pour the mixture into a pie crust and cover with top crust then bake until firm and done.
Estimated time of preparation: 15-20 minutes
Estimated time of baking: 60-70 minutes
3/4 cup evaporated or coconut milk
2 cups young coconut meat, sliced
3/4 cup coconut juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1. Heat a pan over low heat, combine milk and sugar then stir constantly until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add coconut meat then cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pour coconut juice and cornstarch then stir until well blended and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. Pour the coconut filling on the pie crust
2. Place the top crust over the filling then seal the edges
3. Pre-heat oven over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then bake the buko pie for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and let it cool before serving.
1. Pie crust is available in grocery stores(frozen section). But if you prefer to do it yourself, here’s the recipe on how to make a pie crust. Please click here…
Powered by Facebook Comments