Filipino Style Recipe: pita rolls is another simple and easy Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). Pita roll is made of pita bread or soft tacos stuffed with hot dogs, scrambled eggs, mayonnaise, lettuce and cheese then toast for a few minutes.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 8 servings
4 pieces hot dogs, halves
1/2 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
1 1/2 cups lettuce, trimmed
8 strips of quick melt cheese
1 white onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a pan, heat oil then stir fry hot dogs for 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, saute onions and tomatoes until soft.
2. Pour beaten eggs then let it begin to set before slowly stir until turns to fluffy texture. Drain and set aside.
1. Arrange the filling over each pita bread then roll.
2. Repeat the procedures for remaining slices.
3. Pre-heat oven over 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then toast pita rolls for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese melted. Serve!
1. You may customize the fillings based on what you like.
Powered by Facebook Comments