Filipino Style Recipe: Homemade Pizza Tortilla is inspire to typical pizza made of oven-baked flat, round bread topped with tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings. I had left-over tortillas from previous company outing. Since I had some ingredients for pizza making, I decided to used tortillas as alternative to pizza crust. I like thin-crust so it is a good idea to used tortillas. I also have a tight budget so I used hotdog slices as alternative to pepperoni. You may choose various toppings based on your budget and what you prefer. Good luck and enjoy!
Good for 4 pizza tortillas
1 medium-sized white onion, minced
1 large-sized green bell pepper, slice thinly
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
4 bacon slices, stir fry and cut into tidbits
4 pieces hotdog
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry the bacon but not too crispy. Drain on paper towel then cut into small pieces. Set aside.
2. In a same pan, fry hotdog then drain on paper towel. Slice diagonally then set aside.
1. Place tortilla in a flat surface, ladle enough pizza sauce into the center and spread it out in a spiral motion. Leave about 1/2 inch of unsauced tortilla at the edges.
2. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top then arrange other toppings evenly.
3. Spread shredded cheese on top of the toppings. Repeat for remaining pieces.
4. Pre-heat oven over 200 degrees Fahrenheit then bake tortillas for 8-10 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese is melted.
5. Remove from the oven then transfer to round sheet. Cut into 4-6 serving slices then serve with hot sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments