Filipino Style Recipe: Sinantolan is another popular side dish from Southern part of Luzon specially in Laguna and Bicol region. This dish is made of grated santol meat cooked in shrimp paste and coconut cream and usually serve with fried and grilled food.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30 minutes
8 pieces santol, peeled and grated the meat
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons sauteed shrimp paste
2 pieces red chili(siling labuyo), chopped
4 cup coconut cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add sauteed shirmp paste, chili and santol meat.
3. Stir cook for 5 minutes then pour coconut cream.
4. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until start to render oil.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Photo credit to batangala.blogspot.com
Powered by Facebook Comments