Filipino Style Recipe: Paksiw na dilis or anchovies is another quick and easy fish dish by Filipinos. The procedure is similar to other paksiw. Normally the fish and vegetables cook in a blend of vinegar and some spices like garlic, onion and ginger then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until done.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes.
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams anchovies(dilis), cleaned and discard heads
6 cloves garlic, pounded
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced and pounded
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 green chili(siling haba), sliced
1. In a pan, arrange dilis, garlic, onion, ginger, salt and black pepper.
2. Pour water, vinegar, cooking oil and green chili.
3. Cover and simmer in a medium heat for 10 minutes or until almost dry and done.
4. Remove from heat and Serve.
1. You may also add vegetables like eggplants, okra or bitter gourd(ampalaya).
Powered by Facebook Comments