Filipino Style Recipe: Sinigang na danggit or rabbitfish is another simple and easy Filipino dish. The procedure is similar to other sinigang, normally the fish cooked in a combination of onions, tomatoes, vegetables and tamarind soup which gives a sour taste.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15 minutes
1/2 kilo rabbitfish(Danggit), cleaned
1 pack sinigang sa sampaloc mix or 10 pieces tamarind(sampaloc)
3 cups water or rice washing
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinly
2 tomatoes, halves
a bunch potato tops(talbos ng kamote) or petchay
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt or fish sauce to taste
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a pot, heat olive oil and saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
2. Pour water and bring to boil. Add fish then cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add tamarind juice then simmer for another 4 minutes.
4. Season with pepper, salt or fish sauce according to taste.
5. Add green chili and potato tops and simmer for another 1 minute.
6. Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot.
Powered by Facebook Comments