Filipino Style Recipe: Pinais na bangus is another simple and easy native dish. The fish is usually stuffed with tomatoes, onions, ginger and wrapped in banana leaves. Then cooked together with kamias or tamarind together with other vegetables.
Estimated time of preparation: 15-20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1 large-sized milkfish(bangus)
2 onions, chopped finely
4 tomatoes, chopped finely
1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped finely
2 cups kamias/green tamarind/calamansi juice
a bunch of mustard greens(mustasa)
salt and pepper to taste
banana leaves for wrapping
1. Remove the scales of fish. Using a sharp knife, slice the back of the fish then remove innards.
2. Clean and rub the skin with salt.
3. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Stuff the mixture inside the fish then wrap in banana leaves.
1. In a large pot, arrange wrapped fish and remaining tomatoes and onions.
2. Add kamias, mustard greens and season with salt then pour enough water to cover.
3. Cover with lid and simmer over low fire for 40 minutes or until the sauce is reduce.
4. Transfer to serving plate then remove the banana leaves. Serve
Powered by Facebook Comments