Filipino Style Recipe: Crispy Pata is a popular Filipino dish made from pork knuckle cooked and deep fried until crisp and golden brown. This is commonly served in any special occasion as main dish or pulutan together with beer.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 50 minutes
Estimated time of frying: 40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1 piece(1 kg) pork pata(pork hock or knuckle), cleaned
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
2 pieces bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Prick pata with a fork then marinate in soy sauce and vinegar for 30 minutes. Turning occasionally.
1. In a large pot, pour water then add garlic, onion, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
2. Add pata then bring to boil over medium heat for 50 minutes or until tender. Add water if necessary.
3. Drain and let it cool.
1. Rub pata with salt and pepper then deep fry over low heat until crisp and golden brown.
2. Drain then serve with dipping sauce(soy sauce, calamansi, chili, chopped onion).
Powered by Facebook Comments