Filipino Style Recipe: Buffalo Shrimp is another variety of American buffalo dish. Instead of traditional chicken wings, we used shrimp as main ingredient. The shrimp fried unbreaded then tossed in spicy sauce made of hot sauce, hot spices and butter.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30 minutes.
Good for 3 persons
1/4 cup butter
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/8 ground pepper
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
1.In a pan over low heat, combine sauce ingredients then stir until well blended. Cover and keep warm.
1. In a bowl, combine egg and milk then mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour and ground pepper then mix well.
3. Dip the shrimp into egg mixture then dredge into flour mixture. Shake off to remove excess flour.
4.Dip again the shrimp into egg mixture then dredge into flour mixture. Shake off to remove excess flour.
5. Repeat the steps for the remaining shrimp. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then deep fry shrimp for 2 minutes or until light brown. Drain on paper towel.
2. Toss shrimp in buffalo sauce until coated evenly. Transfer to serving plate then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments