Filipino Style Recipe: Sweet Chicken Adobo is another variety of popular Filipino Adobo. This dish has sweet sauce compare to the traditional chicken adobo. The chicken marinated in sweet soy sauce, vinegar and other spices. Fry the chicken until golden brown then cooked in marinade until tender. Season with sugar according to taste.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marin
Estimated time of cooking: 30 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
2 tablespoons sugar
salt to taste
1/4 cup cooking oil
1-2 cups chicken broth
1. In a pot, combine chicken, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, sweet soy sauce and vinegar.
2. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
3. Drain garlic and chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil and fry marinated chicken for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Reduce oil to 1 tablespoon. Add garlic then fry until light brown.
3. Pour marinade and chicken broth then simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
4. Add sugar then season with salt according to taste.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments