Filipino Style Recipe: Sauteed Chayote with Bagnet or ginisang sayote at bagnet is another easy and simple dish. The chayote sauteed together with bagnet that is popular in Northern part of Luzon, Ilocos region.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 25-30 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
350 grams bagnet, cut into serving pieces
2 pieces chayote(sayote), cut into small pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat bagnet until start to render oil.
2. Add saute garlic and onion then saute until light brown.
3. Add chayote then stir cook for a minute, pour water then cover and bring to boil.
4. Season with salt and pepper then simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then serve hot with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments