Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong bagnet with pineapple is another variety Filipino adobo together with popular Ilocano delicacy “Bagnet”. Bagnet is a popular delicacy in Ilocos made from pork belly deep fried until crispy and blister on skin. Similar to usual adobo dish, bagnet cooked in a blend of garlic, soy sauce and vinegar. I also used oyster sauce and pineapple for salty and sweet flavorful taste.
1/4 kilo bagnet, cut into serving pieces
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/8 cup vinegar
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 pieces laurel
1 teaspoon peppercorn
salt to taste
1. In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and oil. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat bagnet until start to render oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In same pan, saute garlic and onion.
3. Pour oyster sauce mixture then bring to boil.
4. Add laurel and peppercorn then adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Add bagnet and pineapple then simmer until almost thick.
6. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments