1/2 kilo fresh clams(tulya/halaan), Wash thoroughly and drain
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 thumb-sized ginger, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2 cups water or rice washing
3 tablespoon fish sauce(patis) or salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
butter or cooking oil
1. In a large bowl, place clams with water and salt. Cover and set aside for several hours or overnight. (This will allow the clams to expel sand).
1. In a wok, melt butter then saute ginger, garlic and onion until translucent.
2. Add tomatoes then continue sauteing for 3 minutes.
3. Add fish sauce and the clams then saute for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour water then cover and let boil. Adjust seasoning with salt and ground pepper.
5. Continue cooking over a high heat until clams open.
6. Transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments