Filipino Style Recipe: Latik is a solid coconut curds made from coconut milk. The coconut milk cook until almost dry and curdle, this is usually serve together with suman, biko, maja blanca and other desserts.
Good for 1/4 cup latik
2 cups coconut milk
1. In a sauce pan, cook coconut milk in a low heat while keep stirring until brown and curdle.
2. Remove from heat and drain then serve with suman or biko.
Filipino Style Recipe: Latik or sweetened coconut sauce is another variety of latik made from coconut milk and panocha made of sugar cane. This version of latik is popular in Visayas region. The sauce has a sweet and oily taste that usually serve together with suman or biko as dipping sauce.
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup panocha, cut into small pieces
200 grams Muscovado sugar
1. In a sauce pan, pour coconut milk and bring to boil.
2. Add panocha and sugar then cook in a low heat while keep stirring until melts and thickens.
3. Remove from heat then transfer into bottle. Serve with suman or biko.