Filipino Style Recipe: Chewy brownies is another popular dessert originate in United States which is most likely between cake and cookie in texture. Brownie comes in different varieties and may include nuts, chocolate chips, frosting, whipped cream and other ingredients. This is usually serve together with coffee or milk.
Estimated time of preparation: 40 minutes
Estimated time of baking: 30 minutes
Good for 12 brownies
1/2 cup dark chocolate buttons
2 tbsp. natural cocoa unsweetened
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 raw eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips(optional)
1. Preheat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan with butter then line with wax paper. Brush butter on the paper.
1. In a bowl, melt butter and chocolate over boiling water. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
2. Mix in sugar, salt, and vanilla on the chocolate mixture. Add eggs one at a time while stirring until well blended.
3. Add flour, cocoa and chocolate chips then beat until well incorporated but do not over beat(approximately 30-60 seconds of beating).
4. Pour the mixture in a grease baking pan then bake for 30 minutes or until done.(Brownies is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)
1. Remove from the oven and let it cool enough to handle.
2. Run a knife around the inside of the pan then flip into a flat surface.
3. Remove the paper from the brownies then cut into squares. Refrigerate before serving.