sponge cake, slice into 2 layers
1 can slices of peaches, well drained
1 can slices of pineapple, well drained
1 small bottle cherries, well drained
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 cups evaporated milk
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
Part 1 (Custard Cream):
1. In a saucepan, combine flour, milk, water and sugar then cook in a medium heat. Stir constantly until thickens.
2. Add egg yolks, butter and vanilla extract, cook for another 2-3 minutes or until well blended. Stir well and let it cool, set aside.
Part 2 (Cake Syrup):
1. In a saucepan, pour water and add sugar, cook over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
Part 3 (Gelatin):
1. In a saucepan, boil water and add unflavored gelatin, pineapple juice and sugar.
2. Simmer until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
Part 4 (Assembly):
1. In a rectangular container, arrange 1st layer of sponge cake.
2. Pour half of cake syrup over the sponge cake, spread the custard cream on top and arrange the fruits.
3. Place the 2nd layer sponge cake then repeat step 2.
4. Pour gelatin on top, refrigerate over night or until gelatin is firm. Serve chilled.
1. You may also used fruit cocktail.
2. Sponge cake is also available in grocery or bakery stores. (Sponge cake recipe).