750 grams fish fillets(I used cream dory), cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup flour
2 raw eggs, beaten
250 grams tomato sauce
1 large onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup pineapple, chunks or tidbits
1 large carrot, sliced
1 green bell pepper, diced
40 grams liver spread
1 & 1/2 cups soda(7-up or soda)
2 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper then mix well. Set aside.
2. Dredge fish fillet into flour mixture then shake off to remove excess flour.
3. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge again into flour mixture to coat all sides.
4. Deep fry each fish fillets for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add tomato sauce, soda and bay leaves then bring to boil.
3. Add carrots then simmer until tender.
4. Add fish fillet, pineapple, bell pepper, liver spread and chili then simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.