500 grams cream dory fillet, cut into serving pieces
cooking or vegetable oil for frying
ripe mango and green bell pepper strips for garnishing
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Spicy Mango Sauce:
1 fresh ripe mango, cut into strips
1/4 cup rum
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
1. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, egg, ginger powder, water, salt and fish fillet then stir to coat evenly.
2. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
1. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and deep fry fish pieces for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
1. For the sauce, In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine rum and mangoes then stir cook until the sauce reduced.
2. Add honey, sugar and water then mash the mangoes until puree. Add chili flakes then adjust sweetness according to taste.
3. Add dissolved cornstarch then keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
1. In a serving plate, place fried fish fillet then add mango and bell pepper strips.
2. Pour the sauce on top, serve and enjoy.
750 grams fish fillets(I used cream dory), cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup flour
2 raw eggs, beaten
250 grams tomato sauce
1 large onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup pineapple, chunks or tidbits
1 large carrot, sliced
1 green bell pepper, diced
40 grams liver spread
1 & 1/2 cups soda(7-up or soda)
2 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper then mix well. Set aside.
2. Dredge fish fillet into flour mixture then shake off to remove excess flour.
3. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge again into flour mixture to coat all sides.
4. Deep fry each fish fillets for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add tomato sauce, soda and bay leaves then bring to boil.
3. Add carrots then simmer until tender.
4. Add fish fillet, pineapple, bell pepper, liver spread and chili then simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.