Filipino Style Recipe: denengdeng or inabraw is a native ilocano dish similar to pinakbet. It is a tasty yet healthy vegetable dish consisting of different fresh vegetables with bagoong.
Estimated Preparation and Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes. Good for 4-5 persons.
1 cup string beans(sitaw), cut into 2 inch
6 pieces okra
1 cup squash(kalabasa), cut in cubes
1 ampalaya(bitter melon), sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger; crushed
3 tablespoons fermented fish(bagoong isda)
1 milk fish or tilapia(fried or grilled), sliced
3 cups water or rice washing
1 cup squash flower(bulaklak ng kalabasa)(optional)
1 cup patani (lima beans)(optional)
1 cup jute leaves(saluyot)(optional)
1 cup malunggay leaves(optional)
1. In a big pot, add water and bring to boil.
2. Add onions, ginger and tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add fermented fish and simmer for another minute.
4. Add vegetables and cook until crisp-tender but not overcooked.
5. Add fried fish. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then serve.
1. You can also use or add other vegetables..