Filipino Style Recipe: denengdeng or inabraw is a native ilocano dish similar to pinakbet. It is a tasty yet healthy vegetable dish consisting of different fresh vegetables with bagoong.
Estimated Preparation and Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes. Good for 4-5 persons.
1 cup string beans(sitaw), cut into 2 inch
6 pieces okra
1 cup squash(kalabasa), cut in cubes
1 ampalaya(bitter melon), sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger; crushed
3 tablespoons fermented fish(bagoong isda)
1 milk fish or tilapia(fried or grilled), sliced
3 cups water or rice washing
1 cup squash flower(bulaklak ng kalabasa)(optional)
1 cup patani (lima beans)(optional)
1 cup jute leaves(saluyot)(optional)
1 cup malunggay leaves(optional)
1. In a big pot, add water and bring to boil.
2. Add onions, ginger and tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add fermented fish and simmer for another minute.
4. Add vegetables and cook until crisp-tender but not overcooked.
5. Add fried fish. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then serve.
1. You can also use or add other vegetables..
Powered by Facebook Comments