Filipino Style Recipe: Asparagus Salami pita Rolls is another easy and simple Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). This dish is made of pita bread or soft tacos stuffed with salami, asparagus, cheese then season with salt and pepper then toast for a few minutes.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 5-8 minutes(plus preheating time)
Good for 6 rolls
1. In a pot, boil water with salt then add asparagus. Cook for 1-2 minutes then drain and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil then fry salami for a minute. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
1. Place pita bread in a flat surface then arrange salami slice.
2. Arrange 4-6 pieces asparagus and cheese slices.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then roll.
4. Repeat the procedures for remaining pieces.
5. Pre-heat oven over 220 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then toast pita rolls for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese melted. Serve!