Filipino Style Recipe: Ginataang kuhol or suso(snail with coconut milk) is an exotic dish that you will find surprisingly delicious. Snails cooked in coconut milk that you will enjoy the richness flavor together with vegetables. You can try this dish if your looking for a mouth-watering recipe that will surely agree to your taste.
1 kilo snails(kuhol or suso)
1 kilo shredded coconut
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
2 pieces green chilli(siling haba)
1 bunch string beans(sitaw), cut in 2-inch length
1/2 squash, chopped into 2×1 inch cubes
salt and pepper to taste
1. To clean the snails, place the snails in a bowl with water and salt. set aside for a few hours.
2. Rub the shells in water to remove the residues and crack a small opening on the end of the snail.
1. Place the shredded coconut in a mixing bowl and pour in 2 cups of hot water.
2. Separate the milk from the shredded coconut by squeezing from the mixture(Use a strainer or a clean cloth). Place in a bowl and set aside.(1st extract)
3. Repeat the procedure, place the milk(2nd extract) to another bowl.
1. In a casserole, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Pour the coconut milk(2nd extract) then bring to boil over medium heat.
3. Add in the snails and bring to a boil once more until it almost absorbed.
4. Add the vegetables and green chili.
5. Add the coconut milk(1st extract) and bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
7. Remove from heat. Serve hot. Enjoy!
1. In taking out the snail’s content from the shell, you can use a fork or a toothpick.