400 grams spaghetti pasta
300 grams fresh squid, cleaned and cut into rings then reserve ink sac
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 raw eggs, beaten
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
cooking oil for frying
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
2. Dredge squid then dip in beaten eggs. Dredge it with bread crumbs then place on a plate.
3. Fry squid for a minute or until golden brown. Do not overcooked.
4. Remove squids and drain on paper towels.
1. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil then saute garlic, grated ginger and chili flakes.
2. Add ink sac, soy sauce and cornstarch then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add parsley then adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Add spaghetti then toss until well coated.
5. Transfer to serving plate then arrange fried squid and top with parsley.
6. Serve with garlic bread.