500 grams cream dory, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 bulb garlic, minced
chopped spring onions for garnishing
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Rub the fish with salt and pepper.
2. In a steamer, line with parchment paper so the fish won’t stick to the bottom.
3. Arrange fish then top with ginger then steam for 10 minutes or until cooked.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic until light brown. Remove and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, combine the sauce ingredients then bring to boil and simmer until almost thicken. Turn off the heat.
1. In a serving plate, arrange fish then pour the sauce on top then garnish with toasted garlic and spring onions. Serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Toasted Garlic Pandesal is a simple side dish that can be serve together with pasta or with coffee. The pandesal cut into half then spread with garlic-butter mixture. Toast in a oven until crispy and golden.
4 large-sized whole wheat pandesal, cut in half horizontally
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
6 cloves garlic, minced
fresh parsley, minced
1. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and parsley then mix well.
2. Spread the mixture over the bread then arrange in a baking pan.
1. In a preheated oven, bake the bread over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden.
2. Transfer into serving platter then serve immediately.