Filipino Style Recipe: This recipe is called Nutty Brownie Torte because of the rich chocolate taste with the nuttiness of the peanuts. The top is a generous layer of chocolate and the center is a chewy and gooey brownie. The peanuts add an interesting contrast to the consistency of the torte. This is a perfect treat for your kids and guests.
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped (I used Beryl’s Gourmet – Dark Compound)
1 cup chopped peanuts
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar syrup (dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1/4 cup water)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped Beryl’s Gourmet – Dark Compound chocolate bar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar syrup
1 tsp vanilla
choco sprinkles (optional)
1. In a 9×6 inch baking pan, brush with butter then sprinkle with flour. (This will prevent the brownie from sticking in the baking pan.)
2. In a separate pan, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar syrup over low heat then stir in 1 cup chocolate. Remove from heat.
3. Add sugar and eggs then stir. Add vanilla, flour and nuts and mix until just blended.
4. Pour the mixture into baking pan and bake in a preheated oven over 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until center springs back when touched. (Overbaking will make the brownies dry.)
5. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
1. To make the frosting, combine butter, sugar syrup, and chocolates over low heat until melted.Remove from heat then stir in vanilla.
2. Frost top and sides of the brownie then add sprinkles. Chill until set. Slice, serve and enjoy!