Filipino Style Recipe: beef broccoli is another easy and popular beef dish. Normally the beef cut into strips then marinated and stir cooked with broccoli in a blend of oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Usually served as main dish with steamed rice.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 45-50 minutes.
Good for 3-5 person
1 kilo sirloin or flank beef, sliced thinly into strips
1 medium size broccoli, cut into serving pieces
1 medium sized onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small ginger, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup oyster sauce
1 tablespoon lemon or calamansi juice
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground pepper
3 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 cup water)
sugar and salt to taste
3 tablespoon sesame oil(optional)
100 grams golden mushrooms, cut in half(optional)
1 carrot, sliced thinly into strips(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, lemon juice, cornstarch, salt, ground pepper, sesame oil and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Cook broccoli in a boiling water for 1 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
1. In a sauce pan, heat cooking oil and stir fry beef until color change to brown and start to sizzle. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger.
3. Add in beef and pour dissolved cornstarch, sugar and oyster sauce. Stir cook for another 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add in broccoli and mix well.
5. Remove from heat then served with steamed rice.
1. To slice beef very thin, freeze it and slice before it is completely thawed.
2. You may also add 1 carrot sliced thinly into strips and 100 grams golden mushrooms cooked together with broccoli.
Powered by Facebook Comments