Filipino Style Recipe: Pininyahang Manok(Pineapple Chicken) is a chicken dish that commonly served by Filipinos. Basically the chicken marinate in pineapple juice then cook with pineapple chunks, fresh vegetables, and spices. Some added evaporated milk or coconut milk to make the sauce creamy. The tender of chicken and the sweet and sour taste of pineapple make this dish irresistible. This is truly a mouth-watering dish and my family’s favorite.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 red and green bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, minced
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce or salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
3 tablespoons cooking oil or butter
1 medium carrots, cut into cubes(optional)
2 medium potatoes, cut into cubes(optional)
1. Sprinkle chicken meat with salt and pepper then marinate in pineapple juice for at least 30 minutes. Reserve marinade.
1. In a pan, heat cooking oil and fry carrots and potatoes until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In the same pan, reduce oil then saute onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add chicken meat then continue sauteing until golden brown.
3. Add soy sauce and marinade then simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is almost tender. Add little water if necessary.
4. Add pineapple chunks, carrots, potatoes and bell pepper then simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Season with sugar and salt according to taste then simmer until vegetables are tender.
6. Remove from the heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.
1. You can also add 1/2 cup evaporated milk if you prefer.
Powered by Facebook Comments