Filipino Style Recipe: chicken afritada recipe is basic Filipino tomato-based stew consisting of chicken in tomato sauce with potato, carrots and bell pepper.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
3/4 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
250 grams tomato sauce
1 large potato, quartered
1 large carrot, sliced
1 large bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green peas
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
4 pieces hotdogs, sliced
1-1/4 cups chicken stock
2 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
4 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 lemon or calamansi juice
1. In a bowl, marinate the chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
1. In a saucepan, heat cooking oil and pan-fry the chicken until the color turns light brown. Set aside
2. Saute garlic and onions. Add the sliced hotdogs and chicken then cook for a minute.
3. Pour-in tomato sauce and chicken stock then add bay leaves. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the potato and carrots then simmer for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add bell pepper and green peas. Adjust seasoning with salt, sugar and ground black pepper.
6. Simmer for another 3 minutes then remove from heat.
7. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments