Filipino Style Recipe: macaroni and cheese recipe is also known as mac and cheese by British English. Although it’s not a Filipino recipe but more Filipinos are starting to like this dish. Mac and Cheese is traditionally made of macaroni, cream, cheese, roasted onions and some added bacon or ham. Mac and cheese is usually served in many occasion.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 25 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
50 grams butter
1 small onion, chopped
1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
750ml evaporated milk
225 grams macaroni pasta
175 grams Cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare pasta by directions on box and drain well.
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook until soft. Stir in cornstarch and salt until smooth.
3. Add evaporated milk and cheese, slowly stirring constantly until thick.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1. Prepare pasta on pasta tray, pour the sauce on top of cooked pasta. Top with remaining grated cheese.
2. Serve hot and enjoy!
1. Garnish with fried ham cut into small squares makes the recipe more special.
Powered by Facebook Comments