Filipino Style Recipe: bicol express recipe is a popular Filipino dish especially in Bicol Region. Normally the pork cooked with coconut milk, shrimp paste, green chili and red chili.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 5-6 persons
1 kilo pork(1/4 fat), cut lengthwise
1/2 cup of long green peppers(siling pangsigang) or baguio beans, cut diagonally
3 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
4 cloves garlic; chopped
1 small onion; chopped
3 pieces red chili(siling labuyo)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt to taste
1. In a bowl with water and salt, soak green peppers for 30 minutes then rinse and drain.
1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add sliced pork, continue sauteing until colors turn to brown.
3. Add the shrimp paste then mix for another minute.
4. Pour coconut milk then simmer until reduced.
5. Add the green peppers and red chili.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt according to taste.
7. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments