Filipino Style Recipe: Craving for something creamy today? This recipe is perfect for you. Serve this creamy chicken with mushrooms over hot cooked rice, biscuits, or toast for a delicious lunch or light supper.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 4 servings
2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into cubed
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons corn flour
1-1/2 cups chicken stock
1 egg yolk, beaten
2 tablespoons light cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, heat butter and saute sliced mushrooms until browned.
2. Pour in flour mixture, cubed chicken and chicken stock. Stir and simmer for 8 minutes.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste with salt and pepper.
1. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk, cream and add 1/3 cup of chicken stock, mix well.
2. Pour in the saucepan, stir until hot and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to serving plate, sprinkle with dried oregano if desired.
4. Serve hot with rice or bread.
Powered by Facebook Comments