Filipino Style Recipe: Pork adobo with coconut milk(adobong baboy sa gata) is another variety of Filipino adobo. This dish is special because we include coconut milk to provide creamy and flavorful taste. Normally the pork belly marinated then sauteed and cooked in a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and coconut milk.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 4-5 persons
1 kilo pork belly/liempo, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup coconut milk
6 cloves garlic, minces
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 pieces red chili(labuyo),(optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a bowl, combine pork, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and ground pepper then marinate for an hour.
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic, peppercorn and bay leaf.
2. Add pork and cook until brown.
3. Add marinade, coconut milk and red chili.
4. Cook in a low heat for 20 minutes or until pork is tender. Add water if needed.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then simmer until the sauce thicken and start rendered oil.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments