Filipino Style Recipe: marinated chicken pesto is another healthy chicken dish. First, we blend basil, pine nuts and olive oil to make a pesto. We marinate the chicken and then baked until tender. Lastly, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and then serve hot.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 25-30 minutes
Good for 3-4 servings
4 pieces chicken fillet, skinless
100 grams fresh basil
50 grams toasted pine nuts or peanuts
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
100 grams malunggay leaves(optional)
1. In a blender, place basil, malunggay leaves, toasted pine nut and olive oil. Blend until well combined and smooth.
2. Season chicken fillet with salt and pepper then marinate with blended mixture.
3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a baking pan, place the mixture and marinated chicken. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done.
5. Remove foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese turns to lightly browned.
7. Serve hot!
1. You may also broiled chicken instead of baking.
Powered by Facebook Comments