Filipino Style Recipe: Adobo is the most popular yet easy Filipino dish. Adobo have lots of variations such as pork, chicken, combination of pork and chicken, other meats, vegetables and seafood. Normally the meat marinated in a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and sugar then simmer until meat is tender and the sauce thickens.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 40-60 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams pork belly, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1 tablespoon sugar
salt to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. In a pot, combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and soy sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
1. Simmer in a low heat for 40 minutes or until pork is tender. Add water if necessary.
2. Pour vinegar and simmer for another 10 minutes then season with salt and sugar according to taste.
3. Drain pork and reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry pork until brown. Drain and return the meat to reserved sauce.
2. Simmer and toss for a minute or until the sauce is almost absorb and thicken. Transfer to serving bowl then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments