Filipino Style Recipe: Ampalaya salad or ensaladang ampalaya(bitter gourd salad) is another easy yet healthy dish. The ampalaya and radish were marinated in salt then mash until all juice has been removed. Then combine with radish, white onion, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Estimated time of preparation: 8-10 minutes(plus marinating time)
1 large bitter gourd(ampalaya), remove seeds and sliced thinly
1 radish(labanos), peeled and sliced thinly
1 large white onion, sliced
3 large tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, put sliced ampalaya then sprinkle with salt. Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
2. Squeeze out excess water from the bitter gourd with the hand. Rinse and drain well.
3. In a separate bowl, do the same procedure to radish.
1. In a bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended.
2. In a large bowl, combine ampalaya, radish, onion and tomatoes then pour vinegar mixture.
3. Mash with hand and toss. Serve.
1. You may also add hard-boiled eggs and boiled shrimp in this recipe.
(Thanks to Nanay Yolly Fiesta for sharing)
Powered by Facebook Comments