Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang tulingan or mackerel in coconut milk is another simple and easy Filipino dish. It is usually consist of mackerel(tulingan) cooked in a combination of coconut milk, vinegar and some spices.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4 servings
500 grams mackerel(tulingan)
1 piece onion, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, diced
2 pieces green chili(siling haba)
a cup of pure coconut milk
2 pieces eggplants, sliced
1/2 cup of vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
2 pieces small tomatoes, diced(optional)
3 pieces red chili(siling labuyo)(optional)
1. In a saucepan, arrange tulingan and eggplants.
2. Add the green chili, garlic, onion, tomatoes and ginger.
3. Pour in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
4. Let it boil for a few minutes and add the coconut milk.
5. Let it simmer 10 minutes or until tender and the sauce is creamy and oily.
6. Add red chili then adjust seasoning according to taste. Simmer for another minute.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments