Filipino Style Recipe: kinilaw na tanigue is a raw fish salad made of fresh tanigue mixed with vinegar, garlic, onion, ginger, calamansi juice, salt and pepper. This dish is another Filipino delicacy and usually served as appetizer or pulutan. Make sure it is fresh because the taste of kinilaw is depends on the freshness of the fish.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus chilling time)
1 kilo fresh tanigue fillet, cut into cubed
1/4 cup vinegar
6 gloves garlic, finely minced
1 large white onion, chopped
3 tablespoons minced ginger
6 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup vinegar for washing
3 tomatoes, diced(optional)
1 tablespoon sugar(optional)
1 red bell pepper, slice thinly(optional)
3 pieces red chili(siling labuyo), chopped(optional)
spring onion for garnishing(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine cubed tanigue and vinegar then mix well.
2. Let stand for 2 minutes then drain vinegar.
3. Add the remaining ingredients then mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve chilled.
1. You may also add coconut cream if you prefer.
Powered by Facebook Comments