Filipino Style Recipe: Steamed fish with mayonnaise is a classic dish that usually served in special occasion. The fish cleaned and steamed then spread with mayonnaise on top. The hard-boiled eggs, carrots and onions minced then used to garnish the fish. This is commonly chilled and served as pulutan or finger food.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1 large fresh fish(apahap, lapu-lapu, tilapia, etc)
2 teaspoons sweet pickles, relish or minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup mayonnaise
2 hard-boiled eggs, minced
1 small carrot, minced
1 red onion, minced
1. Clean fish and remove innards and scales.
2. Rub the skin with salt then sprinkle with ground pepper.
3. Steam for at least 30 minutes. Drain and let it cool.
1. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, pickles, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. In a large plate, arrange steamed fish then spread the mayonnaise mixture on both sides.
3. Arrange the eggs, carrots and onions on top. Refrigerate before serving.
Powered by Facebook Comments