Filipino Style Recipe: stir fried beef with asparagus and red pepper is another easy and simple dish. Normally the beef strips marinate then stir fry until light brown then cooked with marinade, cornstarch, asparagus and red bell pepper.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 20-25 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, slice thinly into strips
300 grams asparagus, cut into 1 inch
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 3 tablespoons water)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1. In a bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, heat oil and stir fry beef over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, saute ginger and garlic from marinade.
3. Add asparagus and red pepper then stir fry for a few seconds.
4. Add stir fried beef, marinade and dissolved cornstarch. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments