Filipino Style Recipe: milkfish steak or bistek tagalog na bangus is another variety of steak(bistek) dish. The fish marinade and fry until golden brown. Then re-cooked in marinade together with onion rings.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes(plus marinating time)
Good for 3-4 persons
6 calamansi, juice
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate milkfish in calamansi juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, heat oil then lightly fry onions for a minute. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, fry marinated fish until crisp and golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a same pan, reduce oil then saute garlic and ginger.
4. Pour marinade then adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Put back fried fish and fried onions then simmer for a few seconds.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with garlic rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments