Filipino Style Recipe: Espasol is another popular Filipino delicacy and pasalubong from southern part of Luzon specially in the province of Laguna. This Filipino rice cake is made from toasted rice flour cook together with coconut milk and grated coconut then coated with remaining toasted rice flour.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 60-70 minutes
2 cups glutinous-rice flour
1 cup grated coconut
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat pan in a low heat, then toast rice flour while keep stirring until light brown. Transfer in a bowl then set aside.
2. In a same pan, toast grated coconut while keep stirring until light brown. Transfer in a bowl then set aside.
1. In a pan, boil coconut milk then add sugar and vanilla while keep stirring for 5 minutes.
2. Add toasted grated coconut then keep stirring for 3 minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
3. Add toasted flour then cook while keep stirring for 40 minutes or until thicken and dough form.
4. Transfer the dough in a flat surface with dusted toasted flour then let it cool.
1. Divide the dough into serving pieces then roll in toasted flour until coated.
2. Transfer into serving plate or wrap into cellophane or paper wrapper.
Powered by Facebook Comments