Filipino Style Recipe: pan grilled chicken barbecue and broccoli is another mouth-watering chicken dish. This dish is similar to chicken barbecue but we cooked chicken into grill pan instead in hot charcoal. Usually the chicken marinated in seasonings then grill until tender then serve with grilled broccoli for side dish.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes each side of chicken
Good for 2-3 persons
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
4 gloves garlic, pounded
2 bay leaves(laurel)
1/2 cup soda(7-up or sprite)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large container, combine soy sauce, calamansi juice, bay leaves, garlic, soda, salt and ground pepper.
2. Using a sharp knife, slits the chicken meat diagonal cuts on both sides.
3. Add chicken then cover and marinate for 4 hours or overnight inside the fridge.
1. Remove the chicken from marinade and set aside.
2. Add ketchup to marinade for basting. Mix until well blended.
3. In a grill pan, heat olive oil then grill marinated chicken over hot charcoal for 15 to 20 minutes while basting each side with marinade mixture.
4. In a same pan, grill broccoli for 3-5 minutes.
5. Transfer chicken and broccoli to serving plate and serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments