Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy shrimp in coconut milk and cilantro is another quick yet tasty and creamy shrimp stew. The shrimps are cook in a blend of coconut milk, red bell pepper, chili, tomatoes, and cilantro.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
12 pieces jumbo shrimps, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 cup cilantro(kinchay)
2 pieces red chili(labuyo), chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chili sauce(optional)
1. In a pot, heat olive oil then saute red bell pepper until soft.
2. Add garlic, cilantro, chili and tomatoes then continue sauteing for a minute.
3. Add coconut milk, chili sauce, salt and pepper then cover and simmer for 5 minutes in low heat.
4. Add shrimp and lime juice then cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste and continue cooking until sauce is thicken.
6. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments