Filipino Style Recipe: Minatamis na saging at sago is another famous Filipino dessert made up of plantains and tapioca pearls cooked in brown sugar syrup then usually served with ice or milk. This dessert is similar to saging con yelo which is easy and simple to prepare and usually serve for meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). Minatamis na saging at sago is commonly sold along the streets or carinderia and usually serve during summer season.
1. In a cooking pot, boil water then add brown sugar. Keep stirring until dissolved.
2. Add plantains, cooked sago, vanilla extract and salt then simmer in a low heat for 15 minutes or until soft.
3. Let it cool then transfer into serving bowl. Serve with ice and milk.
Sago Cooking Procedures:
1. Soak sago pearls in water for 3 hours then cook in boiling water for 15 minutes or until turn clear.
2. Stir constantly to prevent sticking then drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
Powered by Facebook Comments