Filipino Style Recipe: Mediterranean chicken is a delicious dish popular in western country. Chicken is marinated in different herbs like oregano, rosemary, basil together with lemon juice and olive oil. Then cooked in a oven or fry until tender. This is usually serve with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 25-30 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
2 pieces chicken thigh and legs, cleaned
1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
1 tablespoon finely chopped dried oregano
1 lemon, juice
1 teaspoon dried or fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small-sized tomato, discard seeds and finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar(optional)
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine chicken and marinade for an hour or overnight inside the fridge.
2. In a non-stick baking pan, arrange marinated chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil.
3. Bake in a preheat oven over 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
4. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed veggies and potatoes.
1. You may also broiled chicken instead of baking.
Powered by Facebook Comments