Filipino Style Recipe: Stuffed pechay is another simple yet delicious vegetable dish. Ground meat wrapped in pechay leaves then cooked in coconut cream and turmeric powder. This dish has a creamy and tasty flavor from coconut cream and turmeric powder.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 2 persons
10 large pechay leaves, cut off the white stalks
300 grams ground pork, chicken or beef
1 1/2 cup coconut cream
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
2 green chili(siling haba)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons cooking oil
toasted garlic for garnishing(optional)
1. In a flat surface, place pechay leaf then add a tablespoonful of ground meat at the center.
2. Roll and secure the filling, repeat the procedure for remaining pieces.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion, tomatoes and chili flakes.
2. Arrange stuffed pechay in a single layer then pour coconut cream.
3. Add green chili then season with turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce is curdle and reduce.
5. Transfer to serving plate then top with toasted garlic. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments