Filipino Style Recipe: miki noodle soup is another delicious noodle soup similar to mami and lomi. Like other noodle dish, this recipe is made of pork or chicken meat, vegetables, dumplings and miki noodles which is thinner compared to lomi noodles. We added shrimps, squid balls and more vegetables to enhance the taste. This is commonly serve during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-30 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 5-8 persons
500 grams miki noodles
200 grams pork belly, slice into small pieces
100 grams squid balls, cut into half
150 grams shrimp, peeled
1 piece carrots, sliced
1 cabbage, chopped
1/4 kilo green beans or snow peas(sitsaro)
1 cup celery(kintsay), sliced
6 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
6 cups pork or chicken broth
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
100 grams mushrooms(taingang daga)(optional)
100 grams chicken breast or liver(optional)
1/4 cup spring onions, diced(optional)
1. Wash miki noodles in running water. Drain and set aside.
1. In a wok, heat oil then saute the garlic and onions.
2. Add pork, liver and squid balls then cooked until color turns to brown.
3. Add oyster sauce and broth then stir and bring to boil.
4. Add shrimps and vegetables then stir fry until the vegetables are half-cooked.
5. Add miki noodles then stir and cook for 3 minutes or until soft and tender.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Transfer to a serving plate then garnish with spring onion. Serve and enjoy.
Powered by Facebook Comments