Filipino Style Recipe: Picadillo is a Spanish dish similar to Arroz Ala Cubana. The dish is consists of ground beef cooked in tomato paste, sweet peas, bell peppers and carrots then season with salt and pepper. This is another simple and easy to prepare recipe.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes.
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes.
Good for 3-4 persons.
1/2 kilo ground beef, pre-boiled
1 medium carrot, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup green peas, cooked
1 green bell pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 pieces bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons grams tomato paste
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. In a casserole, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and bell pepper.
2. Add ground beef then continue cooking until light brown.
3. Add carrots, green peas, bay leaves, cumin, salt and pepper then mix well.
4. Add tomato paste, water and parsley then simmer for 8-10 minutes. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then garnish with parsley. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments