Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken Binagoongan with Gata or Chicken sauteed in shrimp paste with coconut milk is almost similar to binagoongang baboy. Normally the chicken sauteed until light brown then cooked in shrimp paste and chili. Add coconut milk for more flavorful and creamy taste.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 20-25 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons bagoong alamang (pre-sauteed salted shrimp paste)
1 cup coconut cream
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 pieces tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
3 pieces bird’s eye chili(siling labuyo), chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 pieces calamansi, juice
1 teaspoon dried rosemary(optional)
chopped spring onion for garnishing(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate chicken in calamansi juice and dried rosemary for 15 minutes.
1. In the pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes until soft.
2. Add marinated chicken and continue sauteing until color turns to light brown.
3. Pour water and shrimp paste then simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add more water if necessary.
4. Add brown sugar, chili, ground pepper then continue cooking for another 3 minutes in low fire.
5. Add coconut cream then simmer until thickens. Keep stirring.
6. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with spring onion. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments